Louie's P&R is Herrin's finest Italian Deli. Established in the late 1890s, this community fixture was originally named D&R Market after principle stockholders Frank Detomasi and Ernest Ruggeri. The store was renamed P&R in 1950 when Detomasi sold his share to Charlie Parigi. In 1957, Louie Gualdoni became the owner and the store took on the current name – Louie’s P&R.
Louie’s son Tony and wife Alisa own and operate the deli today. The name has remained the same, but the store has undergone a complete transformation. Customers can still get the finest Italian sausages, salameats and other Italian favorites. Now, they can also order freshly made sandwiches to go or eat in the store’s dining area, equipped with free wi-fi.
Come see why Louie’s P&R has been Southern Illinois’ premier Italian tradition for more than 120 years.